If you're a fan of bold and spicy flavors, you'll love this Southwest Spice Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Black Beans recipe! This vegetarian and vegan-friendly dish is packed with protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals, making it a healthy and satisfying meal option.
To make this recipe, you'll need a few simple ingredients, including sweet potatoes, black beans, red bell pepper, red onion, olive oil, and, of course, your Southwest spice blend. If you don't have a pre-made spice blend, you can make your own by combining chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Here's how to make it:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp of your Southwest spice blend
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: chopped cilantro, avocado slices, lime wedges
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potato cubes, black beans, red bell pepper, red onion, Southwest spice blend, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat everything evenly.
- Spread the mixture out onto a large baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Top with chopped cilantro, avocado slices, and a squeeze of lime juice, if desired.
This Southwest Spice Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Black Beans recipe is a versatile dish that can be served as a main course or a side dish. It's perfect for meal prep, and leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to four days.
Not only is this recipe delicious, but it's also packed with nutrients. Sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium, while black beans provide protein, fiber, and iron. The red bell pepper and red onion add even more vitamins and minerals, as well as a fresh crunch.
If you're looking for a flavorful and healthy meal option, give this Southwest Spice Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Black Beans recipe a try. It's sure to become a new favorite in your kitchen!