Here's the shopping list we use as Vitamix demonstrators. Enjoy!
Available at Costco unless marked with asterisk*
- Fresh Spinach
- Baby carrots
- Blenditup! “Soups ‘n More” Spice Blend (http://www.blenditup.com/southwest-spice-blend/)
- Welch’s White Grape Juice Concentrate (Frozen Juice) *
- Juice Concentrate ()
- Nondairy creamer (liquid)
- Blue Agave Nectar
- Bouillon (http://www.blenditup.com/bouillon-blend/)
- Tortilla Chips
- Canned Corn
- Hot Cocoa Mix (i.e. Swiss Miss, Nestle)
- Vanilla Extract
- Ice *
*Albertsons, Ralphs, etc.
Now you can make it exactly like we do! Demonstrator Recipes available at http://www.blenditup.com/demonstrators-choice-recipes/
Making a smoothie every morning as part of a daily routine is perhaps the best expenditure of your time and money you can make. Anthony Robbins writes that you should "sell your car" if you still don't own a juicer. Even better, get a high end blender(Vitamix), and use it every day. Smoothies give you more fiber and nutrients than juice does, thanks Tony!
Do It Every Day
Make a routine out of it. Set apart 10-20 minutes every morning for a healthy smoothie. The high water and nutrient content will keep you hydrated and provide you with a feeling of well being all day.
Better Than Multi-Vitamins
Despite what most people may think, popularly popped daily "multi-vitamins" aren't even regulated by the FDA and are not demonstrably proven to have significant health benefits. If you read through the papers published by the American College of Physicians in their Annals of Internal Medicine any type of multi tablet has yet to be shown conclusively effective. The bottom line, the best way to get nutrition is from food, and by consuming a healthful smoothie every day you are getting most of your nutrition in one proven delicious dosage.
Achieve Optimal Performance
Consuming Raw Fruits and Vegetables in a smoothie every day will do several things for you:
Save you money and time
Ensure you are properly hydrated at the beginning of the day
Provide you with the full spectrum of nature's bioavailable vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants
Give you plenty of natural fiber to ensure excellent digestion
Provide you with the scientifically proven best "brain fuel" in the form of fructose
Help empower your immune system to protect you from illness
- Use more water. The biggest mistake I see is people adding too many veggies and not enough water. Use at least 2 cups.
- Use fewer vegetables. We use just 1 carrot, 1 celery, 1 tomato, and 1 garlic, for example. People at home are packing the container full of veggies and wondering why their soup is frothy and foamy. It's pure fiber that's why!
- Start with hot water. We use boiling water in the demo. This makes for a faster and tastier soup. The hotter the better.
- Be precise on your seasonings. It's easy to ruin a big batch of soup with the wrong seasonings. We use a blend from www.blenditup.com so there is no guess work.
- Be patient. You want the base of the soup smooth so give it a good 60 seconds on high.
- Use the variable speed to reduce foam. Variable speed 3 will pop the bubbles nicely.
- Use a bouillon. This is a must! It's nearly impossible to mess up a soup if you use bouillon. We use Knorr in the demo, but it has MSG. For MSG free bouillon, visit www.blenditup.com or a health food store.
We've had a Vitamix in our family for 4 generations, and basically everyone in the family demonstrates it for a living. It's crazy.
I enjoy traveling and meeting new people while Vitamixing. Some of the nicest and most enthusiastic people I meet on the road are Vitamix owners. They usually come up to my booth with a smile and say "Best investment I ever made!" I smile back and say jokingly "Well, most people have two you know?" That joke is less effective nowadays as more and more people really do have two – unbelievable!
Among this group of VM owners, the most common question I get is "How can I get more recipes?”, but then the real question comes out… “How come it always tastes so much better when you make it?”
So, rather than give you more recipes that you won’t follow, I’m going to teach you the fundamentals of Vitamix success which will have you blending it like a pro no matter what ingredients you have in your kitchen. I’ll teach you the success principles for making the best juice, soup, and ice-cream possible in your Vitamix, and if you adhere to these principles, you will be able to create your own recipes with confidence and success. Let’s get started!
How to Make Juice Like We Do Principles:
- Use fresh NOT frozen. Frozen fruit is good to thicken and make creamy. Not so good for juice. Use fresh fruit for a thinner more juicer-like juice.
- Use ice. This will chill and thin out the juice.
- Use mostly juicy fruits. Vitamix is a liquefier not an extractor, so use juicy fruits like grapes, pineapple, and orange as your base. Then add fibrous fruits/veggies with it (carrot, spinach, banana) if you like.
- Use ripe fruit. Just throwing a bunch of fruit in your Vitamix doesn't insure that it will taste good. We are careful to add ripe fruits or a squeeze of honey/agave to make sure it's sweet every time.
- Be patient. Too often people shut the Vitamix off too soon. In the demonstration, we run it on high for 60-90 seconds for the juice demonstration resulting in silky smooth juice.